To all Chapters of the “Massive and Progressive” 12th District,
I greet you in the name of the Supreme Basileus of the Universe from whom all blessings flow. This correspondence is in regards to the annual National High School Essay contest. Please find attached with this email the official announcement for said contest.
Please make sure to read the rules and timelines for the contest. The following are a few items worth highlighting from the announcement.
Topic: “What Do You View as the Critical Skills Needed to be Successful in College and Beyond?”
– Open to all College-bound, High School Seniors
– Essay must be original, 700-750 words in length.
– 3 type-written, double-spaced copies must be submitted
– Contest closes October 25, 2013
– Manuscript must be submitted to the LOCAL Chapter sponsoring the contest.
– National Awards to be announced on or about June 30, 2014
Each Chapter in the 12th District is expected to select a local winner and submit the essay to the 12th District Achievement Week Sub-Committee by December 31st , 2013. The 12th District Achievement Week Committee will then select a winner to represent the 12th District and submit that essay to the Intl Achievement Week Chairman by end of March 2014.
The attached Essay Contest form is available on the IHQ website and will be on the 12th District website.
– International Essay Contest Form 2013-14
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding the National High School Essay contest please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Bro. Andrew J. Davis- Chairman
12th District Achievement Week Committee